Losing your Remote is one of the most irritating experiences you can have while watching TV, but what if things could only get worse there? Like- you have misplaced your remote, and your TV lost connection to the internet! It happened to me once. I researched a lot and found solutions to connect Sony tv to wifi without a Remote.
Now, can you connect Sony TV to wifi without a remote? Well, the answer is yes, you can connect Sony TV to wifi without a remote, and don’t worry; all you have to do is follow some simple Methods. For example, you can use your mouse and connect it to your tv, or use an Ethernet cable to connect your TV and router, and many more ways.
Now, let me discuss these solutions with you:
How to Connect Sony TV to wifi without Remote?
There are certain methods I have listed below which will help you connect your sony tv to the internet without a remote. Have a look below:
- Method 1: Use a keyboard and a mouse.
- Method 2: Use a streaming device.
- Method 3: Connect your TV to your router using an Ethernet cable.
Now, let me explain these methods to you:
Method 1. Use a Keyboard and a Mouse:
If you have lost your Sony TV remote, a keyboard and mouse will be an excellent option. But you must ensure that your Sony TV has USB ports and supports a keyboard and mouse.
However, if your Sony tv isn’t compatible with the keyboard and mouse, you don’t need to worry, as you can connect your Sony TV to your WIFi using an Ethernet Cable ( I will describe the process). So, now let’s get back to the process of how you can connect Sony TV to wifi without a remote by using a keyboard and mouse:
- 1st Step: Plug the keyboard and mouse ends into the USB ports of your Sony TV. If your TV supports these devices, it will instantly detect their presence. Afterward, a mouse cursor will appear on your TV screen.
- 2nd Step: To access the TV menu, use your mouse. Now, go to the settings and afterward Network and finally select “Network Setup.”
- 3rd Step: You have to select “Wireless Setup” and select the method you want to use to connect your device to the internet. In addition, you may need to provide the wifi password using the keyboard. Finally, your Sony TV is now connected to the wifi.
However, suppose your Sony TV’s only one port works, or you have a wireless mouse and keyboard. In that case, you must insert the dongle (that comes with the wireless mouse and keyboard) into the USB port on the back of the TV. Afterward, follow the steps I mentioned above.
Read also: How Much Does It Cost to Start A TV Network?
Method 2. Using a Streaming Device:
You won’t need to be concerned about how your TV connects to the internet if you have a streaming device (like Google TV or Amazon TV firestick). Now, follow the below steps:
- Find out the HDMI port of your Sony TV.
- Plug the streaming device into the HDMI port of your TV.
After connecting the streaming device, your Sony TV will automatically connect to the internet, and you can watch Hulu, Netflix, and other content on your television.
Method 3: Connect your TV to your router using an Ethernet cable.
You most likely don’t have a keyboard, a mouse, or a streaming device in your home. So, how are you going to connect Sony TV to WiFi without a remote? Well, don’t panic. I have one more method. Let’s check it below:
Now, I will describe How to connect Sony Tv to wifi using an ethernet cable; you follow the below steps:
- Step 1: You must determine whether your Sony TV has an Ethernet connector.
- Step 2: Get an Ethernet cable to connect your router and TV. But it would be best if you get a long enough ethernet cable. Otherwise, you will only be able to join them if your router is in a convenient location.
- Step 3: Now, you have to connect one end of the wire to your television’s ethernet port and the other to your television’s Ethernet port. But, before using your television, check to see if it has an internet connection.
If your Sony TV is properly connected to the router, you can use wifi. However, if you can’t connect to wifi, you can try turning off and reconnection the router. In addition, you can use the smart app to find out whether your TV is connected.
Can I manually connect my Sony TV to wifi?
Yes, you can manually connect your Sony TV to wifi. Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to turn on the TV and select the Home button using the remote control.
- Secondly, tap the settings and select Network with your Remote’s up arrow. Then press the Enter key.
- Thirdly, choose “Set up network connection,” When asked how you want to configure your Network, select Auto.
- Fourthly, select “Wireless LAN” to configure the TV wirelessly and press Enter. However, If you previously set up your TV wirelessly, you will be automatically connected to your wireless Network.
- Fifthly, you have to choose “No” while the TV asks to scan for available wireless networks.
- Sixthly, hit Enter after choosing your wireless network name (SSID) from the list and type the wireless network password, and press “Enter.”
- Finally, when you see that “TV is successfully connected to the internet,” you must select “Quit Network Setup.”
Now, your Sony TV is manually connected to the WiFi.
So, now you have a clear idea about how to connect sony tv to wifi without a remote. A mouse and keyboard, streaming device, or Ethernet Cable could be excellent alternatives.
However, if your remote doesn’t operate and your wifi disconnects, you can follow the methods mentioned earlier to solve the issue. So, if you face any further troubles or questions, you can type them in the comment box. Thanks for reading.
Read also: How to Get WiFi in Apartment Without Cable?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I connect my Sony TV to WiFi?
If you can’t connect your Sony Television to wifi, or your sony TV cannot detect wifi, you can follow the below steps:
- Unplug your router and TV from the wall outlet. Then wait for 1 minute before reconnecting them. If it doesn’t work, then you have to follow step 2.
- You must update the TV’s date and time by selecting “Use Network time.”
- Finally, try a factory reset on your television.
Now you can connect your Sony Tv to wifi.
Can I use my smartphone as a Sony TV remote?
Yes, you can use your smartphone as a Sony TV remote. Once your TV is linked to the internet, you can use your phone as a remote with the companion apps available from most Smart TV brands. To use your smartphone as a Sony TV remote, perform the followings:
- First, download the TV SideView app from the mobile Store, like the iOS App Store or Google Play store.
- Afterward, open your network list and find out your Sony TV in the list.
You can now use this app to adjust volume, change channels, and conduct other operations. But keep in mind that if your Sony tv isn’t connected to the wifi, you won’t be able to use your smartphone as a sony tv remote.
Can I operate a Sony TV without a remote?
Yes, you can set up a Sony TV without a remote. Generally, you will find a power button on all Sony TVs, which allows you to operate your TV. So, first of all, you will have to press the power button repeatedly, and afterward, to change the volume, channel, and TV source, use the plus and minus buttons.
How do I link my mobile to my TV without using HDMI?
You can cast your phone to your TV via USB rather than HDMI for specific TV models. Before that, you have to examine your TV’s manual to see whether the device is cable. Once you have determined it can, link the USB cable to your TV and smartphone. Now, you must change the phone’s USB settings to file transfers and select Media from the TV’s media player. Afterward, choose the content you want to watch, like images, video, or Sound. But if your TV doesn’t have a USB port and it doesn’t seem compatible with smartphones, then you won’t be able to link your mobile to your TV.
What remotes work with Sony Bravia?
If you have a Sony TV, you can use any Sony remote to control it. However, it should be noted that Sony remotes only work with Sony TVs, regardless of model.