You may have sometimes been to places where you needed an internet connection for work and there was no Wi-Fi available. Your friend may have helped you by using their mobile phone to create a hotspot location. A hotspot is a physical place where you can have access to an internet connection.
You can use the hotspot connection on your mobile phone, laptop, or PC. Just like Wi-Fi, it creates a wireless local-area network to connect to the internet.
There are a lot of network service providers that give amazing deals on mobile data plans, but rarely can the data be used to use for tethering data. Most mobile companies give limited data plans on hotspot connections using a smartphone.
MetroPCS is one such mobile company that offers a wide variety of hotspot data plans for you to choose from. Let us look at how to get unlimited MetroPCS hotspot plans.
What is MetroPCS?
Metro is owned by T-Mobile, formerly known as MetroPCS, and is a mobile company that claims to have one of the most extensive 5G network coverage throughout America. You can buy a Metro SIM card by visiting their website Metrobyt-mobile.com or going to the nearest T-Mobile store.1
You can bring your own smartphone to register for a MetroPCS phone line, however, your mobile phone should be compatible with the GSM network. You can also buy a GSM phone from the MetroPCS store.
MetroPCS, also known as Metro by T-Mobile is a prepaid telecommunications service that provides talk, text, and data plans nationwide. They are the sixth largest telecommunications service provider in the United States and provide affordable mobile data plans and MetroPCS unlimited hotspot plans.
What is a Hotspot?
A hotspot is a physical area created by a wireless local area network (WLAN) using Wi-Fi. The difference between a hotspot and Wi-Fi is that Wi-Fi works using a LAN, connecting an internet service provider using a router. However, a hotspot uses wireless technology to connect any type of device using Wi-Fi.2
Therefore, if you have a connection to the internet on your smartphone, you can create a hotspot area to connect other wireless devices to the internet. It is best to use a mobile hotspot when you are traveling or working on the go. For light internet users, such as if you want to check your emails or do some light shopping, a mobile hotspot can be very useful for you.
How to Get Unlimited Hotspot Data on MetroPCS?
Finding an unlimited hotspot or tethering plan is difficult as most cell phone companies will have a restriction on the number of hotspot you can use. Even if you have an existing mobile data plan, you are also required to buy an added hotspot data plan.
There are some affordable and reliable hotspot plans offered by MetroPCS and here’s what you have to do to get an unlimited MetroPCS hotspot plan.
- First, you need to register to have a T-Mobile account. You can visit their website and fill out a form or go to a nearby Metro by T-Mobile store to register.
- Once you are a Metro user, you can opt for their mobile data plans. There are a few hotspot coverage plans that offer hotspot data from 2-22 GB at 4G LTE.
- You can now apply for a monthly plan which ranges from about $50-$80 for high-speed internet plans.
While these data plans claim to have unlimited high-speed internet, it is not truly unlimited data plan. There is still a restriction on how much internet data you can use per month, according to the data plan you have bought from MetroPCS.
If you are looking for an unlimited hotspot on MetroPCS, there is a way to bypass using mobile hotspot data. Follow the steps to learn how.
- Using your mobile phone, go to Google and download the Aptoide app and the FoxfiKey(supports PdaNet) app.
- Open the Aptoid app, and search for Foxfikey. Install the Foxfikey app on your phone.
- Now go to your mobile settings, go to the app’s sections, and find the PdaNet app that you have just downloaded. Click on the PdaNet tab and clear all the cache and data.
- Afterward, open the Foxfikey app, and you will see an option that says “Activate Wi-Fi Hotspot”. Click on that button to activate.
- On the right corner of the app screen, select the icon with three dots, and tap on “Run Proxy”.
- Once you run the proxy, you should have an unlimited hotspot connection to all your wireless devices without using any mobile data.
The Best Hotspot Plans on MetroPCS
Metro by T-Mobile (MetroPCS) offers a variety of new hotspot plans that is perfect for you to use while traveling or on the go, using a 4G LTE speed. These are some of the top-rated MetroPCS hotspot plans:
- $50 Unlimited high-speed plan – This plan will give you unlimited high-speed mobile data using the T-mobile 5G network. This plan includes 5GB of hotspot internet, along with a free 100GB Google One storage plan.
- $60 Unlimited high-speed – This plan also contains all the high-speed 5G internet, Amazon Prime, and Google One membership. However, this plan offers a 15 GB of hotspot Wi-Fi coverage limit.
While you can use the T-Mobile 5G plan on mobile data, the hotspot speed connection is 4G LTE speed. You also have to stream videos in SD quality. You can add more data when you use up your data limit with your existing mobile data plan.
All the data plans are auto-renewing, which means every month your subscription will be renewed automatically. If you want to cancel the auto-renewal, call their customer service number at 611 or visit a MetroPCS store nearest to you.
Hotspots are a beneficial tactic when you are on the road and you want to enjoy a high-speed internet connection on several devices. To enjoy the best hotspot coverage, getting a MetroPCS hotspot plan is the best option.
MetroPCS is owned by T-Mobile and you can get high-speed 5G internet coverage nationwide by subscribing to one of their hotspot plans. However, a hotspot plan cannot replace your own home Wi-Fi connection, therefore hotspot can be a temporary alternative but not a permanent internet provider.
FAQs about MetroPCS Hotspot Plans
How much data do you get using the MetroPCS hotspot?
There are two MetroPCS data plans that provide hotspot coverage. The $50 unlimited high-speed plan provides 5GB of hotspot data and the $60 unlimited plan offers 15GB of hotspot data.
Does MetroPCS have an unlimited hotspot?
No, MetroPCS has unlimited mobile data plans that offer a limited hotspot data coverage but none of their plans have an unlimited hotspot.
How do I add data top-up on MetroPCS?
You can get MetroPCS hotspot data by buying one of their unlimited high-speed mobile data plans. However, if you finish up the limit on the hotspot, you can buy more hotspot data by the gig using the MyMetro App or by contacting their customer service. You can call them and ask to top up your hotspot plan for an extra charge.
What is the limit for the MetroPCS hotspot plan?
MetroPCS’s usual hotspot plan limit is from 5 GB to 15 GB. After you use up your limit, the internet connection will be very slow. Moreover, you can top up your hotspot data by paying for each extra gigabyte of data you use.