Peacock is one of the most substantial live and on-demand content TV platforms. It is launched by NBC as their standalone streaming service. Getting started on 15 April 2020, it has been much popular by giving lots of valuable content to its audience. Moreover, you can easily afford this streaming service to get entertained.
Yes, you will love its low-cost subscription plans. Else, some of the features are free! The owner of this application is Comcast. Since it is a geo-blocked service you can get Peacock service only in the United States.
The precondition to enjoying its service is to open an account. Just go to its website and become a customer by creating a free account. All you need to provide is – an email along with a password!
Often people search – how do I get peacock on my Vizio TV? Well, you can access Peacock on different devices. There are three service options for you. These are as follows!
- Free: You will have limited content from this version. It is ad-supported.
- Premium: This one is also ad-supported and costs $4.99 per month. You can access the full content library.
- Premium Plus: This service comes with a free trial period. You will have to pay $9.99 per month.
The latter two services are accessible through TV Providers like Xfinity, Cox, etc.
How to Install Peacock TV on Vizio Smart TV?
You might be worrying this way- how do I install the peacock tv on my Vizio smart tv? No worries, natively, you can enjoy Peacock TV on Vizio. In this section, we will show how to install and watch by step. Get this downright!
- Connect your Vizio Smart TV to the Internet.
- Go to Vizio’s Home screen. Tap the V button on the Vizio Smart TV remote.
- Search for Peacock TV From the All Apps section on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Then Select Peacock > press OK and then Install the Peacock TV on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Now, log in to your Peacock account by opening Peacock. Provide your login credentials.
- You are all set! Now choose the content you want to watch.
Please note that all available apps will reach your system along with a new update.
Don’t you want to know how to get peacock on a Vizio tv alternatively? Well, you can watch with Apple Airplay. How? Well, do you have a 2016 or newer model? Then please follow the steps below!
- No matter whether you use iPhone, iPad, or Mac feel free to install the Peacock app.
- Then provide your existing Peacock account credentials to log in to the app.
- Let the Vizio Smart TV be in the same Wi-Fi network as your device. The iOS screen or Mac screen will be mirrored on the Vizio SmartCast TV.
- If you are on iOS, load the Peacock app. Browse Peacock’s official website if you are using Mac.
- By selecting the Airplay button, play a title in the peacock app.
- Now it’s time to see the content you are playing in the Peacock app streamed on your TV. Choose the Vizio Smart TV.
Now you perfectly know how to get peacock on Vizio smart tv!
Read More: What Channel is Peacock on DirecTV?
How to Watch Peacock on Vizio SmartCast TV?
You can find the available apps On SmartCast TVs. Check out the home screen and follow the steps below!
- Switch on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Connect your TV to the internet.
- Now select the Peacock TV from your Vizio SmartCast TV home screen.
- Click on the app to download the Peacock TV on your television.
- Then log into the app giving the necessary credentials, and access your desired content.
How To Get Peacock on Older Vizio Smart TV?
Here in this part, you will not only know how to put Peacock on your older TV, but also on any TV you want! So here we go for the steps:
- Make sure that your TV includes an HDMI port.
- Get a streaming device such as a Roku TV stick or Amazon fire TV stick. (Both of them can help you download Peacock TV with ease.)
- Then let the employed Amazon fire TV stick or Roku avoid the operating system on your TV.
Now you know how to download peacock on Older Vizio smart TV.
The Other Devices Peacock Support:
- Smart TVs: LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV.
- Media Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV.
- Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation.
Read more: What Channel is Peacock on Verizon FiOS?
Most Excellent Features of Peacock TV
Vizio Peacock ensures entertainment through some excellent features such as parental controls, ads, offline downloads, number of streaming, shows, movies, and so on. Get them downright!
1. Parental Controls
You might be a fan of Apple TV+ or Amazon Prime Video. You must have felt the need for better parental control. In that case, you cannot but like Peacock. It features some great controls to help restrict content.
Per hour of content, you will go through only five minutes of ads. It is true both for Peacock Free and Peacock Premium. Want to get relief from ads?
Well, then subscribe to Peacock Premium Plus. It will make you pay $9.99 per month. Which is really cheap.
3. Offline Downloads
We remain busy and fail to manage time to watch our favorite shows. In that case, the only option is to download. And the Peacock Premium Plus leverages you to enjoy that!
Please note, on average, you need to have 500MB of storage on your device to watch a 1-hour show.
4. No Global Access
While traveling out of the national territory, you can’t expect to watch content live. So in such a situation, you must download the content in advance and purchase Peacock Premium Plus thereby.
5. Streaming on 3 Devices
You might be thinking of this for your family and loved ones. Peacock lets you simultaneously consume its services on up to 3 devices no matter what type of subscription you purchase.
Peacock allows you to stream on up to 3 devices simultaneously.
6. Access to Games, Wrestling, and Late Night Shows
You can get entertained by your favorite WWE Network and Olympic Channel 24/7 with Peacock service. Else, it gives you access to Premier League games that you can’t expect on linear TV.
Are you a fan of Late Night starting at 8 pm ET daily? Do you just hate missing The Tonight Show? Then Vizio peacock tv can be a fantastic option for you. You don’t need to miss any episodes!
7. A Flood of Content
Peacock’s package comprises a number of original shows, classic series, and movies. You will be glad to know that it counts more than 15,000 hours!
Like Pluto TV, Peacock features linear channels. The live Olympic Channel content is a sheer example of that. Moreover, it includes an SNL Vault vibe.
8. Kids-Friendly Shows
If you are in search of a special on-demand content TV platform for your kids and are a bit exhausted, then we would say- relax! Apart from enjoying Dreamworks Animation that airs on NBC, you will have other praiseworthy content on this platform.
Mentally, everybody loves to get back to the past. Peacock gives you that opportunity to be nostalgic with old favorite original shows. You will get reboots of-
- Battlestar Galactica
- Saved By The Bell
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Punky Brewster
This NBCU-owned service is also available with –
- Behind-the-scenes docuseries about Saturday Night Live
- Rutherford Falls with Ed Helms
- Dr. Death with Jamie Dornan, Alec Baldwin, and Christian Slater
Often, we miss critic-appreciated as well as blockbuster movies or movies. Peacock gives you a superb package of that sort of pleasure in life!
For example, you will have award-winning films like –
- A Beautiful Mind
- Back to the Future
- Brokeback Mountain
- Dallas Buyers Club
- Do the Right Thing
- Erin Brockovich
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- Field of Dreams
- Mamma Mia!
- Shrek and
- The Breakfast Club
Else, this service includes some awesome comedies such as –
- American Pie
- Knocked Up
- Meet the Parents
- Meet the Fockers
Read more: What channel is peacock on optimum?
The TVs That Support Peacock TV
Peacock on Vizio tv is not the only picture. You will get this NBCU-owned streaming app on several other floors like –
- LG smart TVs
- Android TV
- Fire TV
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Flex devices
Apart from these, you can watch iOS and Android mobile devices, Roku, etc.
What to Do If Peacock Not Working on Vizio TV?
Let’s focus on the issue of getting stuck. Now we will illustrate the reasons and show you the tactics to fix them. The most common reasons for peacock’s stagnation are- server down, overloaded memory cache, glitchy system, outdated app, failure to the internet connection, etc.
Solution for Your Peacock Issues
To revive your binging session, here are some easy fixing methods. Please move on!
1. Make Sure That You Are Free From Server Outage
It might be an issue with the Peacock servers. Your app can’t perform if the servers are down. In such a situation, all the apps across the world will fail to work.
2. Check out The Internet Speed
You may face buffering issues with any video and streaming app like Peacock, and it is due to a slow internet connection. Sometimes, it becomes impossible to connect to the server as well.
3. Update Your Vizio TV Firmware
Don’t you update your phone applications? It’s just like that. And this may fix your issue instantly.
If it is a newer Vizio Smartcast TV, it will update automatically. On the other hand, you can let it update manually.
And if you have an older Vizio TV, all you need to do is- connect this to the internet. You will have an automatic update.
Follow the steps below:
- Get your remote and press the home button or V button.
- Now go to the menu and select System.
- You will see “Check for Updates” press it.
- Then let your TV check for updates.
- See which update is available and confirm the update installation thereby.
- Retry your Peacock app after updating the firmware.
4. Sign out If Your Account Is Shared
You may have shared your Peacock account with other users and come up with an error message. It can also be a cause for stagnant binging sessions. In that case, it would help if you sign out from all your devices.
You can log out through the steps below –
- First, go to the website of Peacock and log into your account.
- You will find your profile icon on the top right. Click it.
- Get into your account.
- Move toward “Devices”.
- You will get an option named “Sign Out All”. Tap that.
- Then provide your credentials.
5. Ensure Compatibility
If you are troubled, also see whether your Vizio tv peacock is well-aligned. That means your Vizio tv needs to be compatible with the peacock service.
Please note your app will only work if your Vizio TV is SmartCast and created after 2016. So unless you replace your old Vizio version with a streaming stick like Fire TV Stick or a Roku, you are bound to suffer.
6. Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
There might be random TV software glitches for which you are facing trouble. All you need to do is- turn off the power and restart.
But, this will not suffice. Rather, it may let software bugs pile up gradually. If you want to fully restart your Vizio TV, you had better –
- Unplug the TV first
- Then wait two minutes
- Finally, plug the TV back
- Finally, turn it on
7. Turn Off Your VPN
Do you use any virtual private network (VPN)? Look, it can also become an issue. The reason is- streaming services or video apps do not allow VPN traffic usually.
So you must avoid using VPN to watch your streaming content. Just don’t forget to reconnect to the internet.
8. Clear All The Peacock App Cache
As you see cookies in the internet browser, the Peacock Vizio app gathers a cache. It prevents your TV upgrade. So get rid of this, just move on with this simple this way-
- Choose any of the home buttons or V button and press
- Go to menu and select system
- Then rush toward Apps
- Tap System Apps
- Go for the Peacock app
- Clear all caches out there
- Finally, press OK
You are done!
Read more: What channel is Peacock on Comcast?
The Final Say
Now you have a robust idea on peacock tv Vizio. When we have authentic information, we can enjoy our lives better. And it is especially true for technologies.
Are you going to google- how to add peacock to Vizio smart tv anymore?
Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Question
Why can’t I get Peacock on my TV?
Answer: Perhaps, you lack a stable connection for streaming. Eles, don’t forget to clear all cache. You may also need to reinstall your Peacock app.
Where is the App Store on Vizio TV?
Get your Vizio TV remote control and click the V button. It will drive you toward the home screen. Then select Connected TV Store and All Apps with VIA. Use VIA to get the app category you want.
Where is the Peacock channel?
You can enjoy this channel within the United States and specific U.S. territories such as American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Guam, Puerto Rico, Northern Marian Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
How do I add apps to my Vizio TV without the V button?
Employ the Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) Plus Platform for this. Else, you can use a SmartCast app or flash drive to sideload apps on your Vizio TV.
Read More: What channel is Peacock on Spectrum?