These days, every click counts, and every video call must be clear. And this is the demand for faster and more stable internet. As customer demand grows, many ISPs are in a battle for dominance.
In between, Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed have emerged to cater to consumers’ needs. Both offer a dedicated fiber connection to deliver super-fast speeds 24/7. This makes comparing Fidium Fiber vs GoNetspeed a bit challenging.
On the one hand, we have the lightning-fast, Fidium Fiber, equipped with fiber-optic technology. The agile challenger GoNetspeed, on the other hand, defines what a smooth online experience really means.
So is there really any difference between them? Let’s find out.
GoNetspeed Vs Fidium Fiber: An Overview
The internet reliability, speeds, and overall experience don’t depend solely on your chosen internet provider. The technology it uses to reach the service to your home also makes a big difference. Fiber Internet is one step ahead of the rest here.
But what if when two giants in the fiber internet realm, such as Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed, conflict? It becomes tough to decide which one might be better for your needs. That’s where we can help.
We can help you by providing an in-depth comparison between Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed. This article dives deep into the face-off between Fidium and GoNetspeed, considering various factors consumers should think through.
Key Takeaways Based on Our Research
- GoNetspeed is a solution for those who demand blazing-fast speeds and superior performance.
- Fidium Fiber is a leader in delivering lightning-fast internet using cutting-edge fiber-optic technology.
- GoNetspeed takes a unique approach to expansion, focusing on hyper-local communities and neighborhoods.
- Fidium Fiber users can expect minimal latency, quick download, and upload speeds, and a seamless online experience for various activities.
- GoNetspeed Internet places a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction and support.
- Fidium Fiber’s widespread coverage extends to a diverse range of areas.
- GoNetspeed offers specific speed tiers, giving users the flexibility to choose the level of performance.
- Fidium Fiber users can enjoy the benefits of high-speed fiber-optic internet without breaking the bank.
- GoNetspeed aims to eliminate hidden fees and surprises, ensuring users understand what they’re paying for.
- Fidium Fiber may offer additional features such as advanced security protocols, firewalls, etc.
Fidium Fiber Vs GoNetspeed: A Brief Comparison
|Fiber to the home (FTTH)
|Latest fiber optic technology
|2008 as Fair Point
2021 as Fidium
|April 27, 2022
|50 – 2000 Mbps
|300Mbps – 1Gbps
|50 – 2000 Mbps
|300Mbps – 1Gbps
|5ms – 25ms
|No contract and hidden charges
|$35/mo. – $95/mo.
|$54.99/mo. – $69.99/mo.
Fidium Vs GoNetspeed: Speed Comparison
Do you rely on your connection for streaming, gaming, and remote work? If so, you must consider the internet speed first. Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed offer fiber-optic connections known for their high-speed capabilities.
Fidium Fiber has several packages ranging from 50Mbps to 2000Mbps. The best part of Fidium Fiber is that the upload and download speeds are 100% symmetrical. It is rarely available in fiber internet services.
In reality, Fidium Fiber delivers 105% to 110% of advertised download and upload speeds. The low-tier plans mostly over-deliver on the advertised speeds. Even the high-tier plans provide more than expected.
GoNetspeed, on the other hand, also over-delivered on their advertised speeds. Both ISPs show honesty in advertising, which is hardly seen in the competitive ISP market. However, the speed ranges from 300Mbps to 1000Mbps.
The higher-lever plans are still low than Fidium Fiber. On top of that, GoNetspeed claims to have symmetrical speeds. But, the upload and download speeds are not symmetrical. Upload speeds of GoNetspeed are much lower than with Fidium.
GoNetspeed Internet Vs Fidium Fiber: Internet Plans and Pricing
GoNetspeed and Fidium Fiber may offer a range of pricing tiers to accommodate different budgets. GoNetspeed has three simple plans with average pricing and no hidden costs included. The price ranges from $59.95/mo. to $79.99/mo.
GoNetspeed plans vary depending on location. However, they offer an introductory 12-month promotional price for residential users with electronic billing. The price will increase by $10 to their standard pricing after a 12-month promotional period.
GoNetspeed Internet Plans and Pricing
Fidium Fiber, on the other hand, offers different plans for home and work needs. Their home plans include 50Mbps, 250Mbps, 1Gig, and 2Gig. And Fidium Work plans have 300Mbps, 600Mbps, 1Gig, and 2Gig.
Pricing with Fidium Fiber is excellent until the promotional period of 12 months. Fidium Home plans range from $35/mo. To $75/mo. During the promotional period. After the promotional period ends, the price increases considerably.
You can expect to pay $55/month to $95/month after 1-year price lock. However, Fidium Work plans are more expensive than their home plans, though it has no promotional offer. The price ranges from $80/month to $240/month.
Fidium Fiber pricing is middle of the road. It is not cheap, but too much expensive. However, this pricing is still more costly than GoNetspeed pricing. Since Fidium Fiber offers symmetrical upload and download speeds, it’s worth the price.
Fidium Fiber Home Plans and Pricing
|$75/mo. (2 years)
|$85/mo. (2 years)
Fidium Fiber Work Plans and Pricing
Fidium Fiber Vs GoNetspeed: Availability
In terms of availability, both Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed are relatively new in the industry. Both are expanding their services to the new locations. Also, both same nearly the same coverage across the country.
Fidium Fiber is available in thousands of cities in California, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Vermont. It is also available in some rural parts of northern New England.
Conversely, GoNetspeed is serving in Alabama, Connecticut, Hartford, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Pennsylvania, New Haven, West Hartford, and Vermont. The best chance of finding GoNetspeed is in Massachusetts.
Fidium Vs GoNetspeed Internet: Latency
Both Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed are incredibly stable as we tested. They dominate the competition compared to other ISPs in the industry. Both are 100% fiber optic, so, unsurprisingly, you can expect lower latency.
Between Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed, Fidium offers a bit lower latency in most cases. GoNetspeed also has low latency and hence, a stable connection. Both ISPs proved to be stable even during peak hours.
GoNetspeed Vs Fidium: Installation & Equipment Fee
Equipment and installation fees are additional costs you may incur when subscribing to a service. It can add up to your monthly bill. You don’t have to worry about these fees with GoNetspeed and Fidium Fiber.
GoNetspeed and Fidium offer free professional installation. You won’t have to pay a hefty fee while bringing their service to your home by their team of experts. In fact, Fidium offers a WiFi 6 Gateway with every plan.
All the equipment you need to connect with Fidium Fiber is included in their total advertised pricing. They call it Network Care. Since you don’t have to rent a router compatible with your plan, it saves you money in the long run.
Fidium Fiber Vs GoNetspeed Fiber: Customer Service/ Technical Support
Reliable customer service and technical support are essential, especially during service disruptions or technical issues. Moreover, it is a matter where almost all ISPs have some degree of criticism.
Fidium and GoNetspeed are no exception. We researched the reputation of both ISPs in terms of customer service responsiveness and effectiveness in resolving issues.
Many online reviews and customer testimonials says Fidium and GoNetspeed have been better than other providers. While previously, there were support-related issues with Consolidated Communications DSL support. This issue no longer exists with Fidium Fiber.
Who is Fidium Fiber Best for?
Fidium Fiber is an excellent choice for those prioritizing high-speed, reliable, and cutting-edge internet connectivity. The following individuals and businesses may find Fidium to be the best fit for their needs:
- Households that rely on streaming high-definition content, online gaming, large file downloads/uploads, video conferencing, and other data-intensive activities.
- Professionals who work from home or require seamless internet connectivity for video conferences, virtual meetings, and data-intensive tasks.
- Online gamers need low latency and high-speed connections for a lag-free gaming experience.
- Content creators who upload videos, stream live content, or engage in other creative activities require fast upload speeds.
- Users who stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and seek the fastest and most advanced internet options.
- Small to medium-sized businesses that rely on cloud-based services, VoIP communication, e-commerce, and other online operations.
- Homes with multiple users engaging in various online activities.
Who is GoNetspeed Best for?
GoNetspeed is best for users who value high-speed, fiber-optic internet connectivity and a personalized customer experience. Check if you belong to one of the following individuals and businesses:
- GoNetspeed hyper-local approach makes it an ideal choice for communities and neighborhoods.
- Users demand ultra-fast and reliable internet for bandwidth-intensive activities like 4K/8K streaming, online gaming, VR experiences, and large file transfers.
- Individuals who work remotely, telecommute or run home-based businesses.
- Small to medium-sized businesses seeking scalable and efficient internet solutions.
- Content creators who upload videos, live stream content, or engage in other online creative activities.
- Families with multiple members simultaneously use the internet for various activities, such as streaming, online learning, video calls, and gaming.
- Online gaming communities seek low-latency and high-speed connections for multiplayer gaming and seamless interactions.
Alternative to Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed to Consider
If none of Fidium and GoNetspeed satisfies your needs, there are many other fiber-based alternatives you can consider. The followings are viable alternatives to Fidium and GoNetspeed.
- AT&T Fiber
- Verizon Fios
- CenturyLink Fiber
- Cox Internet
- Frontier Internet
- Optimum Internet
- Astound Broadband
Indeed, Fidium Fiber and GoNetspeed are two contenders in the competitive field of high-speed internet providers. We hope this article made your choice between Fidium Fiber vs GoNetspeed a lot easier now.
Both ISPs are available in a handful of locations. So, whichever you choose, ensure it has good coverage in your neighborhood. Consider the speed, plans, and prices of the internet provider available for you. Best of luck!